When you struggle with acne, it is not only the acne itself that is difficult, it is also the scarring that is left behind when the acne heals. The scarring from acne can be something that is hard to hide. However, there are several ways that you can try treating acne scarring without undergoing surgery. With the help of a med spa, you can have beautiful skin again without any scarring. Open Door Med Spa is here to talk about some of the different ways that acne scarring is treated.
Which Type of Acne Scar is Most Difficult to Treat?
Some of the challenge in treating acne scarring is the fact that there are many different kinds of acne scars out there. Following are the different types of acne scars.
– Atrophic: When you have atrophic scars, they are depressions in the skin. These scars are usually from those that experience cystic acne that is below the surface. There are other types of acne that can also cause these scars, but cystic acne is usually the cause.
– Hypertrophic & Keloid: These scars are different from atrophic scars as they are lumps of scar tissue that form where acne once was. Hypertrophic scars are the same size as the acne that cause them while keloid scars are going to be larger than the acne that caused them.
– Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation: It isn’t uncommon for some discoloration of the skin to occur once acne heals. Eventually, this can resolve itself on its own with some exposure to sunlight.
What Treatment is Better for Acne Scars
There are several treatments that can be done without undergoing surgery to fix acne scarring. Some treatments can be combined to treat acne scars, or they can be done alone if they are working to get rid of acne scars.
– Chemical Peels: Glycolic or salicylic acid is used to remove layers of your skin. This is better used for shallow scars.
– Dermabrasion: The top layer of skin is removed using a specialized tool to make box scarring more shallow.
– Dermal Fillers: Injecting fillers like hyaluronic acid or calcium hydroxyapatite can be used to fill in depressed areas of the skin where acne scarring is present.
– Laser Therapy: High energy light is used to remove layers of skin and stimulate collagen production to help the skin heal.
– Micro needling: Tiny needles are used to injure the skin and stimulate healing. The collagen that is produced can help reduce the depth of the scars.
Scar Removal, Treatments & More in Mansfield, Texas (Just Minutes away from Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, De Soto, Red Oak, Midlothian, Waxahachie, Cleburne & Benbrook, Texas)
If you have acne scarring that you are unhappy with, you can turn to Open Door Med Spa to help you get rid of scarring on your face. We have several different treatments that we offer to help your skin in healing and removal of acne scarring. We can customize treatment to your scarring needs depending on the severity of the scarring along with other factors. Call us today!