Have you noticed your friends or family using essential oils? Have you asked yourself if they are beneficial? Even though they seem to be all the rage nowadays – they have been around since the time of the Black Plague, if not before! Essential oils are highly concentrated, steam-distilled or cold-pressed extracts of almost any part of a plant, such as seeds, flowers, fruit, leaves, stems and roots.
Benefits of Essential Oils
1. Essential oils are all natural. Because essential oils are all natural there are no side effects. There aren’t loaded with chemicals like commercial products you can buy at the store. The only thing in essential oils is super concentrated distilled compounds of plants. You only need to use a couple of drops to get the benefits from them.
2. Essential oils work on a cellular level. Essential oils can help the root of the issue that is ailing you and work with your body to help its natural response. Over-the-counter products may only mask symptoms until they go away. Essential oils are not medicine and are not a cure, but they can help your body by providing some extra oomph to its natural responses.
3. Essential oils are cost effective. Those little bottles of oils can seem pricey up front, but because you only need a few drops, they last a long time. Keeping a kit of the most popular essential oils on hand can help you get immediate benefits when you feel a headache or sore throat coming on.
Common Essential Oils & Their Uses
• Lavender oil, peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil can be used for headaches.
• Tea tree oil can be used for sinus problems and skin irritations.
• Peppermint oil can be used to alleviate digestive discomfort.
• Eucalyptus, sage and basil oil are great for muscle pain.
• Lavender oil is good for fighting depression and anxiety.
• Tea tree oil and lemongrass oil can help with nail fungus.
These are just a few ways that essentials can be beneficial but there are many, many more!
How to Use Essential Oils
Essential oils can be used in a diffuser or diluted in a carrier oil and rubbed right into your skin. Using a diffuser is a great way to inhale essential oils and it makes your house smell amazing. If you don’t have a diffuser, you can place a few drops on a cotton ball and inhale. Breathing in oils can kill germs, open nasal passages and help you relax. Essential oils can also be rubbed directly onto you skin for headaches and sore muscles. You will need to use a carrier oil before using essential oils topically or they may irritate your skin. Carrier oils are vegetable oils. A few drops of concentrated essential oils mixed with a carrier oil will “carry them” into your skin where they will be absorbed. Using oils topically can get rid of headaches, ease achy muscles and open sinus passages.
doTERRA Essential Oil Products & More in Mansfield, Texas (Just Minutes away from Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, De Soto, Red Oak, Midlothian, Waxahatchie, Cleburne & Benbrook, Texas)
For the most part, if used correctly, essential oils are safe and provide many benefits. We are proud to stock and sell doTERRA essential oils. Do you have more questions about how essential oils can help you? Contact Open Door Med Spa today!