Do you want healthier and more youthful skin? Our daily activities can have a major impact on our skin, good or bad. With the right habits you can have a great impact on your skin. There are many steps you can take to improve the health and look of your skin. Open Door Med Spa would like to share what your skin needs to be healthier and when to seek professional skin treatments.
What to Do for Healthier Skin
Your skin is a protective barrier between your insides and the entire world. Your skin is your first line of defense from germs, bacteria, dirt, UV light and so much more. It is important to care for your skin. With the right steps you can have strong, beautiful and healthier skin. Here are some of the steps you can take to better manage your skin.
• Hydration: It is very important to drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and it also helps to maintain the skin’s elasticity.
• Nutrition: Eat and drink with a balanced diet in mind. You will want to have a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Foods high in essential fatty acids, such as omega-3 and omega-6, are particularly beneficial for skin health.
• Sun Protection: Protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays by applying sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher, wearing protective clothing, and avoiding sun exposure during peak hours can help maintain healthier skin.
• Cleansing: You will want to gently cleanse your skin daily to remove dirt, oil, and makeup, but avoid over-washing, as it can strip the skin of its natural oils.
• Exfoliation: Regularly exfoliate your skin. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover to encourage healthy development of skin. However, never over-exfoliate as it can lead to irritation and damage to the skin.
• Moisturization: By applying a quality moisturizer to your skin after cleansing, you will help lock in hydration and maintain a healthy skin barrier.
• Sleep: Ensure that you get plenty of sleep. Good sleep allows your skin to regenerate and repair itself.
• Stress Management: Stress can be seen on your skin. Manage stress either through exercise, meditation, or other relaxation techniques. Constant stress can negatively impact your skin’s health.
Best Type of Exfoliation
One of the best ways to renew your skin is with proper exfoliation. For those who are not exactly sure what it means to exfoliate your skin, know that there are a few different methods of exfoliation. There are facial scrubs you can buy at spas, online or in the store. These scrubs are good for maintenance but will not do a deep exfoliation. A deeper exfoliation is recommended every six to eight weeks to promote healthier and more youthful skin. One method for deep exfoliation is with Microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion uses tiny needles that penetrate the skin, promoting the development of healthy skin while at the same time removing dead skin cells. Another highly recommended method is with a chemical peel. A chemical solution is applied to the surface of the skin, killing the upper layer and stimulating healthier skin growth.
Microdermabrasion Facial & More in Mansfield, Texas (Just Minutes away from Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, De Soto, Red Oak, Midlothian, Waxahachie, Cleburne & Benbrook, Texas)
If you want a deep and professional exfoliation for healthier skin, contact Open Door Med Spa. We provide a number of different skin care treatments, including exfoliation.