Unfortunately, for most of us, a face mask has become part of our daily outerwear. Whenever we leave our homes, we have to take safety into consideration which means wearing a face mask to help stop the spread. Other than the discomfort that comes with wearing a face mask, it can cause skin irritation issues that can present themselves if you aren’t doing your part to protect your skin. Open Door Med Spa is here to share some tips to help keep your face from getting irritated from the mask you are wearing every day.
How to Prevent Mask Acne
It is important that you take care of your skin so that you don’t end up with irritation when you wear your mask for prolonged periods of time. Here are our best tips to protect your face from your face mask.
– Wash Your Face: When you wear a face mask, it is going to trap any dirt and bacteria on your skin. It is more important than ever that you are washing your face before putting on your face mask to avoid the irritation that comes from all of that being trapped on your skin.
– Use a Moisturizer: Many people struggle with the friction that is constantly on their skin when they are wearing a face mask. Having a good moisturizer on your skin will do wonders to help create a barrier to protect your skin from that friction. Choose a moisturizer that is oil and fragrance free.
– Forgo Makeup: There is no reason you should be putting makeup on your face when it is covered with a face mask. This will only further clog your pores and cause breakouts. It will also most likely end up on the fabric of your mask as well.
– Clean Masks Only: You should avoid wearing a mask more than once before washing it. Dirty masks are full of bacteria and germs that will cause skin issues. Make sure you have enough masks that you can rotate them and always have a clean mask to wear.
– Use the Right Detergent: If you are using laundry detergent that is scented, it can cause irritation to your skin when you wash your masks with it. You will be better off sticking with fragrance free detergents when washing masks that will make contact with your face.
– Don’t Reuse: If you are using surgical masks, it is best that you don’t reuse them. They were never meant to be used more than one time. There is no way to clean them, and you don’t want all those germs and bacteria trapped in the mask making contact with your face day after day.
Skin Rejuvenation Services & More in Mansfield, Texas (Just Minutes away from Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, De Soto, Red Oak, Midlothian, Waxahachie, Cleburne & Benbrook, Texas)
If you are struggling with acne caused by wearing a mask all day, you can turn to the professionals at Open Door Med Spa to help you get your skin back on track. We are an authorized SkinCeuticals dealer and we also offer a wide range of skin rejuvenation services that are sure to get your skin back to normal. Call us today!