If you are getting sick of constantly shaving certain parts of your body, you may want to look into the prospect of laser hair removal. If you have already decided to move in that direction, you have probably previously had a consultation to see if it is the right fit. Once you have an appointment to permanently remove that unwanted hair, there are some things to remember as you prepare for the big day. Open Door Med Spa is here to share some tips to ensure you are as ready as possible for your laser hair removal appointment.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
The way that laser hair removal works is quite amazing. The laser light is used to damage and destroy hair follicles that will slow hair growth. The laser targets pigment and as that pigment absorbs the pulse, that follicle is damaged to the point that hair slows significantly. Because it is pigment that is targeted, those that have light skin and darker hair will see optimal results. This doesn’t mean that those will light hair won’t get the results that are looking for as well though.
What to Do Before Laser Hair Removal
There are several things you need to keep in mind as you are preparing for your appointment. Following are the top things to do before going in for or scheduling your appointment.
– Don’t Tan: While most people love to have bronzed skin during the summer, you should avoid having a tan when you are getting ready for a laser hair removal appointment. Most doctors recommend avoiding the sun for six weeks prior to your appointment to ensure you will get the results you are after.
– No Plucking / Waxing: You should absolutely avoid plucking or waxing your hair before laser hair removal. These methods disturb the hair follicle and the laser hair removal won’t be as effective. You can shave without affecting the hair follicle, and many doctors will prefer that you shave, but with a clean razor to avoid infection.
– Skincare Regimen: Many doctors will ask that you stop certain skin care regimens a few days before the appointment. Some ingredients in your products may cause irritation throughout the process.
– Clean Skin: Before coming to your appointment, make sure your skin is clean and free from any lotions, moisturizers and other cosmetics.
– Wear Appropriate Clothing: Keep in mind the areas that are going to be treated so you can wear the appropriate clothing. The clothing should leave these areas exposed or should be loose fitting for easy access.
Laser Hair Removal & More in Mansfield, Texas (Just Minutes away from Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, De Soto, Red Oak, Midlothian, Waxahatchie, Cleburne & Benbrook, Texas)
People who decide to have laser hair removal treatments are usually happy with the results. This non-invasive treatment can leave you without the hair that is high maintenance and bothersome. At Open Door Med Spa, we look forward to meeting with you to decipher whether or not you are a good candidate for laser hair removal. Call us today!