During the summer months, most people have sunscreen on their minds. The stores are filled with sunscreen aisles and you are spending your days at the pool. The winter season is a different story though. Many people forget about sunscreen when winter hits. By doing this, you’re making a big mistake. There are several reasons why you need to think about sunscreen just as much during the winter as you do in the summer. Open Door Med Spa is here to talk about why you need to be extra vigilant with sunscreen in the winter just like you are in the summer.
Why You Should Wear Sunscreen in the Winter
Regardless of the time of year it is, sunscreen should be a part of your everyday skincare routine. Here are some of the reasons you don’t want to forget about sunscreen in the winter:
– UV Rays: Just because there are winter clouds in the sky doesn’t mean that the UV rays from the sun aren’t making their way to your skin. These harmful rays have the ability to bust through those winters clouds and damage your skin all the same.
– Anti-Aging Properties: Winter months tend to be dryer and harder on your skin than the summer months. Combatting wrinkles and fine lines can be done with a good sunscreen. The dry months that winter brings is a time where you should be taking full advantage of the anti-aging properties that sunscreen offers. UV rays can damage collagen and elastin in your skin which will result in early fine lines and wrinkles. Sunscreen helps you avoid this.
– Indoor Dangers: Even if you aren’t spending a lot of time outside during the winter, UV rays can make contact with your skin through the windows in your home or office. Not only that, but when you are out driving in the winter, you are coming in contact with these harmful rays. Make sure your skin is protected with sunscreen that comes through the windows of your home, office and vehicle during the winter time.
– Winter Sports: There are many people that enjoy hitting the slopes during the winter time when they have a spare moment for vacation. It is essential that you are wearing sunscreen anytime you are spending time out in the snow. The UV rays reflect off the snow and hit your face which means double the damage. Also, the higher your elevation, the greater your exposure to UV rays as well.
– Winter Conditions: Believe it or not, the dry winter air will remove your sunscreen faster than the moist air of summer. Make sure you’re applying more often during the winter.
Skin Rejuvenation Services & More in Mansfield, Texas (Just Minutes away from Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, De Soto, Red Oak, Midlothian, Waxahachie, Cleburne & Benbrook, Texas)
If you have noticed that there is sun damage on your face, you can turn to Open Door Med Spa to help repair it. We have a number of different skin rejuvenation services that will help you give your skin that glow again. Call us today!