As the summer has come to a close, quite a few of us may be noticing your skin looking dry, tired, and damaged due to the many sunny days we had this summer. Your medical-grade skin care treatments have the job of refreshing your skin’s glow with the seasons changing. In order to reverse summer sun damage, our team of skincare professionals are here to tell you what treatments are best. There are a few treatments that can help reverse the sun damage you have seen recently. Today, we at Open Door Med Spa would like to take the opportunity to discuss the options we provide to help improve your skin.
How Does the Sun Damage Your Skin?
Exposure to sunlight and UV rays is called photoaging, and this causes damage to the skin. UVA and UVB rays are the two different categories these UV rays are split into. While UVB rays are associated with burning the skin, and the UVA rays are associated with aging.
How Do We Identify Sun Damaged Skin?
In many different forms, photoaging appears, but the most common skin damage we typically see are:
– Broken capillaries that are visible
– Uneven or irregular skin tone
– Hypopigmentation and Hyperpigmentation
– Wrinkles and fine lines
– Excess skin elasticity
What Treatments Reverse Sun Damage?
When looking to reverse both visible and nonvisible summer sun damage, treatments that encourage cellular turnover and increased collagen productions are the best to pursue. To reverse summer sun damage below are a few recommended treatments.
1) Chemical Peels. There are a variety of chemical peels that that can help your skin bounce back from the summer damage. A chemical solution is applied to the affected areas for chemical exfoliation during treatment. This process reveals new, regenerated skin that is smoother and less wrinkled, fortunately. An optimal treatment for a host of skin problems such as discolorations, acne, fine lines, and wrinkles.
2) Light Therapy. A gentle laser that works by heating the upper layers of your skin is light therapy. In order to regenerate and restore your skin’s natural beauty, the heat, which gets absorbed by the targeted areas, stimulates your skin cells. Smoother, clearer, more vibrant, and younger looking skin are the seen results.
3) Microneedling. You can see flawless results with a much less invasive approach to getting them through microneedling with or without PRP. Tiny needles that puncture the skin are included in the microneedling process. Your skin will heal and generate more collagen that leaves your skin plumper and smoother as these small injuries occur.
Chemical Peels, Laser Hair Removal & More in Mansfield, Texas (Just Minutes away from Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, De Soto, Red Oak, Midlothian, Waxahachie, Cleburne & Benbrook, Texas)
When it comes to undoing the damage, the sun has done to your skin over the summer, you can trust in the expertise the staff of Open Door Med Spa has to offer. With a plethora of treatments, we can find the best treatment plan for your goals that also meets your individual needs. Call us today to schedule your consultation.