Have you noticed that your hair and skin look and feel different when the winter months start to settle in? That’s because there is a distinct shift in the atmosphere, and it can also cause a shift in the way your skin and hair looks and feels as well. This might mean that you need to make some adjustments to your skincare routine. Open Door Med Spa is here to share some tips to help you skin look and feel its best this winter.
How Can I Improve My Skin in Winter?
If you are looking for ways to keep that glow you feel on your skin through the winter just like you do in the summer, there are some adjustments you might want to make to your skincare routine. Here are our best tips to help you keep glowing skin this winter:
– Take Shorter & Cooler Showers: While you might love nothing more than a hot shower on a cold, winter day, it might be the last thing that your skin wants. Hot water coming in contact with your skin can actually leave the top layer of your skin damaged. It will also work to dry out your skin quite a bit. Taking shorter and cooler showers might be the change you need to have better feeling skin this winter.
– Use a Humidifier: Because the air is so dry in the winter, adding some moisture can do wonders for your skin. You can do this by having a humidifier installed in your home to help keep humidity levels up, or you can use a portable humidifier to help add that moisture you desperately need to the air.
– Use Lotion: Washing your hands is often the best way to stay healthy in the wintertime, but it can cause your skin to dry out. Using lotion can help combat this. Make sure you’re using lotion that doesn’t have any scent to get the best results.
– Use a Hydrating Cleanser: When you’re washing your face, you want to be sure you’re using a hydrating cleanser that won’t be drying out your skin as it gets it clean.
– Use Nourishing Cream: If your face is struggling to stay hydrated during the winter, you might want to consider swapping out the regular lotion you’re using for a nourishing cream that offers more hydration.
– Use Sunscreen: While you might not be hanging out pool side during the winter, you still need to be aware of the sun and its harmful UV rays when you’re doing winter sports and spending time outside. The sun can cause damage to your skin even when it is cold.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments & More in Mansfield, Texas (Just Minutes away from Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, De Soto, Red Oak, Midlothian, Waxahatchie, Cleburne & Benbrook, Texas)
If you’re having a hard time with your skincare this winter, you can turn to Open Door Med Spa for a number of different hydrating skin treatments. Our hydra facial works to put that ever-needed moisture back into your skin as well as many other hydrating treatments. Call us today!